Greater Grassmarket Business Improvement DistrictWelcome to the Greater Grassmarket BID area.
A Business Improvement District (BID) is an arrangement where businesses identify opportunities to the benefit of their own activities in their local area.
The Greater Grassmarket Business Improvement District is a five-year project (starting February 2013) where all businesses within the defined area come together to invest collectively to benefit business and local economy growth through local improvements, activities and business support in addition to those delivered by City of Edinburgh Council and Scottish Government.
Greater Grassmarket's Objectives
- To create a sense of place
- To attract more footfall to the area and increase customer spend
- To raise the profile and improve the perception of the area
- To help businesses make cost savings
- To reduce antisocial behaviour
- To improve accessibility to the area
- To create a cleaner, greener, more attractive environment
New to the website? BID members can get access to the Members section by signing up for our website training sessions [Click here].
Greater Grassmarket's Projects are divided into four sections, detailed within the Greater Grassmarket Business Plan [click Business Plan to download]
Greater Grassmarket BID Projects
- Marketing, Events and Promotion
- Clean, Green and Safe
Latest Public BID Posts
- The Old Town BID - Next Steps & Feedback
- Late Night Shopping December
- Business Newsletter Autumn Edition
- Christmas Brochure
- Old Town BID Survey